I went out with some of the Canaan gals for dinner last weekend to my favorite Taiwanese restaurant in the southbay (yum, shaved ice!). This past week, my inlaws drove up from LA to visit and took me out for my birthday. It was fun hanging out with my inlaws, we ate a lot. After they left on Thursday, I weighed myself and found out that I gained 2 lbs within 2 days of their visit!
After walking Oski on Friday morning, I found a sweet message on the answering machine from my parents. With the time difference, they must have waited until it was late enough to call in the morning. But I missed it by a couple of minutes. It was a cute message. In the afternoon, I got a surprise flower delivery sent from Eva. Well, I actually missed the delivery. My neighbor received the delivery for me and thought it was my anniversary. Anyways, it was still a pleasant surprise (thanks va!)
After Tomio came back from the hospital, he took me out to my favorite Italian restaurant in Berkeley for dinner. I was really touched because I could tell that Tomio was really tired from working all day with minimal sleep. And he still took the time and drove a long way to take me out. We also got a chance to drive by University Avenue and talked about how it has changed since we were in college.
If you ever go to Berkeley and feel like eating pasta, check out this place. It's a small family owned restaurant on College Avenue.

After dinner, we went to Fentons for dessert. We shared a huge toasted almond and vanilla ice cream covered with chocolate and caramel sauce and topped with almonds, whipped cream and a cherry. It was sooooooooo good.
No comments:
Post a Comment